Thank you all for volunteering at the Winona Horse Trials. After a stretch of beautiful weather it looks like we may be in for some cooler & perhaps damp weather. Keeping you comfort in mind we will be allowing volunteers to drive to their assignments. You will however be asked to check in at the house first and then be given instructions. We will probably consolidate volunteers into vehicles so we don't have too many cars in the vicinity of horses ;)
For those who haven't been to the farm before or haven't been here in a while click here for a Google map for directions and a satellite map of the farm which you may find helpful. Below is a list of driving instructions to the various assignments. PLEASE NOTE the following road closures that may affect you
- Road Closing for those who are traveling from the PA Turnpike. SR 165 is closed just west of SR 7. You will continue South on SR 164 to Columbiana and SR 14. You will turn right onto 14 but do NOT follow the detour when it turns right as it will take you out of your way. Continue west on 14 into the town of Salem and and turn left onto Lincoln Ave (traffic light, Chamber of Comerce on left) until you get to SR 45 (Circle K on the right, it only turns right and there's a light). Continue to the 2nd light and this will be SR 9.
- For those coming from the north on 534; it is close just south of I76. Do not follow the detour; turn left (at the light) onto Mahoning Ave and proceed east until you get to SR 45 and turn right or south. Just north of Salem 45 makes a right onto a 4 lane road, SR 9 will be the 3rd light.
- scribes will drive down with their judges
- paddock - one car will drive down Schneider Rd.turn into the warm up field before the drive to stabling
- park parallel to the stone wall close to the pond
- go down Schneider Rd. and turn down the drive past the dressage rings
- if there is a test going on in the arena next to the drive, you must wait until it's over. Also the drive is one way and PLEASE do not drive on the neighbors hay fields
- go past the stabling barns and when going through the gate turn left and drive through the grass area and park on the grass at the east end facing the arena near a small group of trees
- the initial warm up is in the pasture and you will access that area via the drive that goes past our barn at the top on the hill and turn in the pasture and park by the Timber Coops. There will be signs.
- there will be directions in your jump judge packet but
- Cross Country maps can be found HERE. Please look at the maps to find your assignments.
Below is the volunteer schedule listed alphabetically and below that is a list of the jump judge assignments for Sun. If you don't see your name, I either made a mistake, I didn't get a confirmation back from you or you already told me you couldn't make it. (my apologies for the e-mail but your on the list). If you can't make it at your scheduled time please let me know ASAP. Thank you. Please remember to bring a chair, rain gear ( to keep any precipitation away) and what ever else you need to keep yourself comfortable. We will provide drinks, snacks and a sandwich from to food vendor.
Thank you all very much for volunteering and if we all collectively keep our fingers crossed hopefully we'll have decent weather. And for all you mothers out there ... Happy Mother's Day!!
|Volunteer Schedule by Last Name|
|Sun Cross Country Jump Judge Assignments|